For humans to achieve powerful performance, we need to fully understand our role, what this requires of us and how we can maximise our potential…
Knowledge and skills don’t necessarily go hand in hand; knowing what to do and how to do it are two separate things. Our skills need to be developed too in order to perform…
We need to be willing to learn and have the right behaviours, in order to successfully use our knowledge and develop our skills…
As Henry Ford said; “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t, you’re right.”
A good balance of knowledge, skills and attitude underpins powerful performance; the core of our approach at KSA.
See how these three key ingredients support the development of both staff and business performance…
Integrating expert construction industry knowledge with bespoke training and sales development solutions, to create motivated and confident teams…
Our unique ‘5R’s Methodology’ was developed to guide our clients and their teams through the learning & development process. This is how we ensure needs are addressed, learning is embedded, consistent and positive results are achieved, and long-term value is added.
Understand more about our 5R’s methodology here…
With over 20 years of people, project and commercial management experience at a senior level within the construction industry, Carol has gained a clear insight into delivering sales results both out in the field and at a strategic level.
– In three words/phrase(s) … Glass half full (which irritates the other half)
– Daily dilemma … Shall I do some work before or after I go for a ride
– Guilty pleasure … A bag of revels; you never know what you’re going to get, exciting!
– It irritates me when … People keep things for the ‘best’ day, every day is a ‘best’ day, use it!
– If only … Chocolate had no calories
Working closely with clients to develop bespoke training programmes, which ensure an effective and measurable solution for their business, another of Carol’s main roles is to strategically support clients to embed this learning culture. In other aspects, Carol also holds qualifications in personality assessment and as a member of the British Psychological Society, she primarily heads up our workshops and courses which look at behavior development and explore the psychology of selling.
Steve has worked with KSA for 3 years and is primarily responsible for designing and delivering our team-building events such as: ‘The Oscars’ and ‘Bridge the Gap’. His creativity receives great applause from both us and our clients.
– In three words/ phrase(s) … Friendly, Always early, Conscientious
– Daily dilemma … Which background music should I play on an office day or to welcome delegates on a training day
– Guilty pleasure … TV Shows; Dramas, Documentaries, Reality!!!
– It irritates me when … People can’t get to the point quick enough; it seems such a waste of life!
– If only… I could get a chauffeured helicopter to work every day!
Steve’s learning and development career began in commercial sales, where his ability and enthusiasm quickly lead him in to a National Account Management position, before he pursued his passion for learning when he moved on in to the role as Head of Training & Recruitment elsewhere.
Moving on from this, Steve now provides extensive workshops and programmes in everything from Sales and Influencing, right through to Leadership and Strategic Management skills, working on some of the most prestigious construction projects in the UK.
Emma works closely with KSA to design and deliver our construction knowledge courses in Construction Drawings and Appreciation of Contract Law.
– In three words/phrase(s) … Busy, Busy, Busy
– Daily dilemma … Shall I do some work before or after I go for a ride?
– Guilty pleasure … A glass of wine with The Archers
– It irritates me when … My husband disrupts my OODA loop (yes, OODA loop is a thing!)
– If only … My little boy preferred Dinotrux to Paw Patrol
Emma is a chartered engineer with over 17 years’ experience working on construction sites in the UK and overseas. Having diversified several years ago, Emma now lectures in Health and Safety at a number of academic institutions. Emma is a fantastic asset to the KSA team and has proved even more invaluable to our customers – helping to bridge the gap between the technical and sales roles.
Our project administration maestro who works hard behind the scenes at KSA to tie all the strings together and ensure everything runs smoothly.
– In three words/phrase(s) … Ready, Steady, GO!
– Daily dilemma … One coffee or two…?
– Guilty pleasure … Nashville (TV Series)
– It irritates me when … Mercury is in retrograde
– If only … The ironing would do itself
Sam’s background and experience is diverse, spanning a number of different industries including IT and recruitment, before she ultimately settled in the training industry. Sam is an instrumental part of the KSA team but outside of the office (and sometimes in the office on the odd occasion) she is also a fully-qualified and practicing yoga teacher!
“Scully” as he is known by most, has a very impressive career dating back over 25 years in military service. A first-class team-building and leadership management consultant.
– In three words/phrase(s) … Proactive, Adventurous, Dedicated
– Daily dilemma … To go to the gym or go Kitesurfing
– Guilty pleasure … Ironing while watching Star Trek
– It irritates me when … There are televisions in pubs, especially if they are loud
– If only … Mosquitos sucked fat instead of blood
Scully draws upon his experience as a Royal Marines Officer to deliver courses which focus on behaviour development, using the KSA Insights programme to help increase motivation, communication and improve collaboration. A licensed Insight Discovery practitioner, he is a firm advocate of learning outside the classroom environment; offering opportunities, challenges and tasks in a variety of outdoor scenarios with the purpose not only of teaching teams how to work together to achieve their maximum potential, but demonstrating to managers how they can directly and positively impact upon their own team’s performance.
Ric brings with him to KSA a wealth of knowledge and expertise from the learning and development sector, working with individuals up to senior management.
– In three words/phrase(s) … Enthusiastic, Imaginative, Perceptive
– Daily dilemma … To run or not to run, that is the question
– Guilty pleasure … All pleasure, not ‘guilt “The Archers”
– It irritates me when … I fall out of trees
– If only … I was out climbing trees
Ric is a CIPD member, NLP Master Practitioner, Insights Practitioner and also holds an EQ-I License for Emotional Intelligence Psychometric testing, coaching and development. As if that wasn’t enough, as a result of his training initiatives Ric was also nominated as a finalist in the BESMA Sales Trainer of the Year and ABP Workforce Experience: Excellence in Change Management awards!
Emma’s background as a learning and development consultant is extensive, working with individuals up to senior management level and including sales teams as a whole.
– In three words/phrase(s) … Curious, glass half full, try anything once
– Daily dilemma … How high should my heels be today?
– Guilty pleasure … Secretly eating the chocolate that is supposed to be for my children
– It irritates me when … People are rude
– If only … The UK had a climate like Southern Italy
Initially establishing herself in the sales and marketing role, Emma attained a Certificate in Marketing with the CIM (Chartered Institute of Marketing) before moving in to area of L&D, where her list of qualifications is as equally impressive as her experience; holding a Certificate in Training Practice and an Associate CIPD Membership (Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development). To add to this, Emma is also a licensed Insights Discovery practitioner, a tool which forms a staple part of KSA’s approach to improving sales performance, helping and encouraging teams to develop the right attitudes and behaviours for ultimate business success.
For over ten years, Jon has worked consistently in the fields of Change Management, Performance Management, Sales Technique, Customer Satisfaction, Recruitment, Coaching and Influencing Skills.
– In three words/phrases … Adaptable, Engaging, Curious, Innumerate
– Daily dilemma … To gym or not to gym…
– Guilty pleasure … Meatball Calzone
– It irritates me when … I’m talking to a machine
– If only … I knew where that thing is. I had it a minute ago
Jonathan is a Trainer Consultant specializing in all forms of Drama-based Business Training. He has a background in acting for theatre and television, and is director of an independent theatre arts company based in East Yorkshire, where he lives.
Jon is also a DBT practitioner for advancing behavioural safety, delivering work to the rail, construction, energy and petrochemical industries, both in the UK and abroad.
David graduated with distinction from the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA) and spent a successful 25 years as an actor in theatre, film and TV and as a theatre director where he led teams up to 50 individuals.
– In three words/phrases … Supportive, Insightful & Effective
– Daily dilemma … When should the conceptualising phase end and the hard graft begin?!
– Guilty pleasure … Weekend Netflix box-set binges
– It irritates me when … The person walking in front of me stops suddenly to look at their phone!
– If only … I’d have persevered with learning the guitar when I was younger…
Twenty years ago, David started using skills acquired in the performing arts to help people with ‘real’ jobs have better conversations, influence more effectively, improve their personal impact, communicate messages more clearly, present brilliantly and better manage themselves in high stress situations.
David’s approach is entirely pragmatic – his courses focus on giving participants practical tools to take away and immediately use. Words frequently used to describe his training style include “engaging; knowledgeable; reassuring; calm; understanding; clear; concise and fun”.
The newest and also youngest member of our team, Jack joins us on an apprenticeship to kick-start his career in digital marketing.
– In three words/phrases … Meticulous, Positive, Punctual
– Daily dilemma … Should I buy lunch or to make lunch…
– Guilty pleasure … A takeaway pizza and TV
– It irritates me when … People who text and drive!
– If only … Mcdonalds was a healthy option
His studies in IT, Media & Business at A-Level combined with his creative mind are what fuelled his interest in business development and he has certainly got stuck in here at KSA, relishing the hands on, working experience. Outside of the office, Jack enjoys football, both as an avid supporter of Reading FC and a keen player himself.
Contact us on 01491 220003 or email email@example.com
KSA Sales Solutions Limited, First Floor, Coxon House, Newtown Road, Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire RG9 1HG
Or fill out our the enquiry form below…